First Trimester Abortions in Brooklyn Park Minnesota
Robbinsdale Clinic P.A.
The Abortion Pill
Also known as medical or medication abortion, we offer the abortion pill up to 9 weeks from your last menstrual period. The abortion pill is a very safe and effective process. It is an FDA approved treatment and it has been safely used to end pregnancy in the United States and Europe for many years.
The abortion pill is comprised of two medications that end the pregnancy. The first, mifepristone, is given on the first visit. Mifepristone weakens the attachment of the pregnancy to the uterus. The second, misoprostol, is taken the next day after mifepristone, which then makes the uterus cramp and bleed --- expelling the pregnancy. You will experience heavier cramping and bleeding than an average period.
- Offered up to 9 weeks from your last menstrual period.
- Happens in the privacy of your home over the course of a few days.
- Requires a minimum of two visits to the clinic: one to receive medication and one to confirm abortion is complete.
- Two medications are used to end the pregnancy: mifepristone and misoprostol.
- Ultrasound before and after abortion (performed the same day of the two visits to the clinic).
- Pelvic examination not usually required.
- No shots, anesthesia, or instruments.
- A 97% success rate, and complications are rare.
If you have a medical condition, your doctor will decide if the abortion pill is the right solution for you. Once decided, they will guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have. Patients will meet with a member of our compassionate health care staff for discussion of options, explanation of the procedure, aftercare instructions, informed consent, and contraceptive information.
In-Clinic Aspiration Abortion in Brooklyn Park Minnesota
The in-clinic aspiration abortion uses a safe method called vacuum aspiration. This method utilizes gentle suction to empty the contents of the uterus. There is no involvement of surgery, cutting, scraping, or sharp instruments.
- Offered up to 12 weeks from your last menstrual period.
- One visit to the clinic. Gentle suction with a local anesthetic is used to end the pregnancy.
- Performed by an experienced board-certified physician.
- Usually completed in 5-10 minutes.
- No surgery, cutting, scraping, or sharp instruments.
- 99% success rate, and complications are rare.
Your visit will include:
- Lab tests (a pregnancy test, Rh typing test, and hemoglobin test)
- Ultrasound: Performed to determine the actual gestation of the pregnancy.
- Counseling/Health Care Education: Patients will meet with a member of our compassionate health care staff for discussion of options, explanation of the procedure, aftercare instructions, informed consent, and contraceptive information.
The time spent at the clinic will be 2 to 4 hours for all the above.
Network of Abortion Funds — Wisconsin Freedom Fund
Types of Support: Financial Assistance, Lodging, Travel
If you live in Central or Northern Wisconsin, the Freedom Fund may be able to help you pay for your abortion, even if you need to travel outside of the area to get an abortion. Make your appointment at a clinic and find out how much it will cost, and then call and leave a message with the Freedom Fund. The Fund will call you back within 24 hours.
Our Justice Abortion Assistance Fund (AAF) – Previously PCR
If you are having your procedure at a clinic in Minnesota, you may qualify for funding from the Abortion Assistance Fund at Our Justice. Financial assistance is provided to people 18 years or younger. For people who are 19 years or older, financial assistance is provided to people who are at least 13 weeks since their last menstrual period and have an additional circumstance (ie, homelessness, high risk pregnancy, domestic abuse, low income, etc). If you’d like to see if you qualify for financial assistance, here’s what you can do:
- Make an appointment with an abortion clinic in Minnesota.
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, phone number, number of weeks since last menstrual period, date of appointment and the name of the clinic. We will return your message as soon as possible, usually within two business days.
- When we contact you, we will do an intake to determine if you qualify for financial assistance. We do not have enough money to help everyone who contacts us. If we do have funding available, we can help pay for a portion of your procedure. Our financial assistance averages between $100-$300 per person.
NAF - The NAF Hotline Fund
Weekdays: 7:00 A.M.-11:00 P.M. Eastern time
Saturdays and Sundays: 9:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M.
NAF Hotline Fund operates the largest national, toll-free, multi-lingual hotline for abortion referrals and financial assistance in the U.S. and Canada. We provide callers with accurate information, confidential consultation, options counseling, and referrals to providers of quality abortion care. We also provide case management services for women with special needs, and limited financial assistance to help subsidize care and travel-related expenses. The hotline is free, completely anonymous, and offers services to everyone, regardless of their individual situation.